Transport Economics research themes
- transport and logistics development policies, strategic planning, decision making,
- EDI applications and consulting,
- financing methods and softwares for infrastructure investments, feasibility studies,
- pricing techniques and privatization methods in transport,
- monetizing external effects of transport and logistics, complex analysis of sustainability related problems,
- financing of transport infrastructure,
- analysis of micro economical problems, externals of logistics, efficiency of transport system planning,
- technological and economic relationships, efficiency analysis (data envelopment analysis),
- Activity Based Costing,
- spatial computable general equilibrium models (SCGE).
Transport Technology research themes
Planning, measurement and analysis of transportation networks:
- analysis of spatiotemporal changes and demands in personal and freight transport,
- measurement and planning of traffic flows,
- monitoring the demand and supply connections in transportation,
- evaluation and optimization of multimodal travel chains,
- deriving and estimation of mobility demands using cellular data,
- analysis and prognosis of daily mobility patterns,
- establishment and development of transportation networks using demand prognosis.
Construction and analysis of transportation technological and operational processes:
- modeling, simulation and estimation of transportation flows and processes,
- timetable planning, development of station, route and sorting technologies,
- construction of vehicle journeys and turning plans,
- coordination of vehicle maintaining and traffic processes.
Transport Informatics - Intelligent Transport Sytems research themes
Analysis, planning and development of transportation informatics systems:
- planning and development of urban, road, railway transportation system elements,
- implementation of transportation databases, hardware structures and software systems,
- macro and micro simulation of urban, road, railway and air networks using VISSIM and VISUM software,
- influencing passenger demands with ICT tools,
- connection of different databases and components, dealing with shared systems.
Planning and development of operative control systems:
- development of road and urban traffic control systems,
- analysis and planning of railway, waterway, air and combined freight control systems,
- determining the causes of delay using real-time traffic information,
- analysis of the influence of weather and other circumstances on the traffic flow,
- integrated planning of informatics systems of transportation modes, networks, flows and processes,
- analysis and development of organization structures of transportation and freight systems.